For the most part, 2011 was not a good year for me. Yes, I made some great friends at work and am about to go into business with one of them. And, yes, I really enjoyed writing for TVGasm (Mob Wives starts tonight, and I’ll be recapping the hell out of it). But, for the most part, the year had more downs than it did ups. Now, I feel like we are either back on track or very close to being back on track. I feel hopeful. I didn’t feel hopeful this time last year. At least, I don’t remember feeling hopeful. Maybe that is what makes all of the difference.
I attribute the difference in attitude to a few things:
- I love writing for TVGasm and hope that however few readers I have left will read my recaps and comment on them.
- We are launching our business this year and hopefully, it will be as successful as we plan.
- I am participating in Pajiba’s 4th Annual Cannonball Read. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time, but never thought I had the time or fortitude to see it through (more on that later).
- I’m back home in Athens and ready to get my house in order (literally and metaphorically).
- I know that I can force 2012 to be a better year with sheer force of will, and I will succeed.
This year, I have let go of the whole concept of resolutions. Instead, I will just do things. Things that I enjoy and make me feel good. I have a theory that everything else will just fall into place. If it doesn’t, then I won’t worry about it because I will have at least tried.
So, good riddance 2011. Hello 2012. It’s time for both of us to bring it.